IMPORTANT INFO FOR CAMPERS AT TMF2013
2013 will see the largest number of campers ever at TMF. There will be more people on the TMF campsites than the entire population of Tiree itself! Please read the guidelines below before travelling to ensure you have what you need and know what you can & can’t bring.
* NO GLASS (BOTTLES/TUMBLERS) BROUGHT INTO CAMPSITE – In 2012 we had no restrictions with this and unfortunately it was abused by some campers and has led to restrictions on this from the authorities. Campers wishing to bring their own drink (alcohol or soft drinks) are advised to do this ‘responsibly’ and have it contained in a plastic bottle or cans. There will be no facility to ‘decant’ alcohol at the site entrance on arrival so please do this before you arrive at the festival. The main message is PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY.
* UNDER 18′s – Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult when staying on the campsite.
* COOKING AREAS – There will be special cooking areas within the campsites for small gas cookers & portable barbecues. You are free to bring on your own food and there will also be food vendors on site.
* SHOWERS – The showers will be available daily from 08.00 – 16.00. They require a £1 token that can be purchased from the festival office.
* NO PETS – Due to restrictions from the authorities, no animals or pets are allowed within the festival grounds.
If you have any further Q’s about the campsites, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The TMF Campsite will be located right beside the festival arena and TMF Community Village at Crossapol. The TMF Campsite will have both shower and toilet facilities on site while the Community Village nearby will provide catering services for all campers throughout the weekend. The site looks onto the stunning white sands of Crossapol Bay, which is literally a few minutes walk from the campsite.
There will be a shuttle bus providing transport from the ferry terminal to the TMF Campsite daily throughout the weekend at a cost of £5 for a return ticket. The TMF site is a 10min walk from the airport.
TMF Campsite tickets are now valid from 6pm on Wednesday 17th July until midday on the Monday 22nd July.
NEW FAMILY CAMPSITE & CAMPERVAN/MOTORHOME SITES
We are delighted to confirm that for this years festival we have a new improved family campsite that has it’s own location within the festival site. As with the main campsite, it will also have access to showers, toilets and the vendors. A special family package is available that provides weekend festival passes & access to family campsite for family of up to 5 members (2 adults & 3 children U-16) for £175. This ticket can only be purchased from the online ticketcript shop: CLICK HERE
Also new for 2013 is a small exclusive TMF site for Campervans/Motorhomes which will be located approx 200yards from the festival entrance that overlooks Crossapol Bay. People purchasing a campervan spot will have access to the showers, toilets and vendors located in the TMF Village. A pass for 1 vehicle costs £75 and is valid from 6pm Wednesday 17th July until midday Tuesday 23rd July. Being a small site there are only 12 spaces available so please book well in advance from the online ticketscript shop: CLICK HERE . There are also other camper van sites throughout the island, information is below in the Campervan/Motorhome Section.
If you have any questions regarding the TMF Campsite please email email@example.com
Accommodation on Tiree during the Summer Season is very limited so please ensure anyone attending the festival has accommodation arranged prior to arrival.
Hotel, Hostles and B & B's
For a full list of all hotels and rented accommodation, please visit the community website: http://www.isleoftiree.com/accommodation.html
Campervans & Motorhomes
If you intend to use your vehicle for accommodation you must book a designated overnight parking space for each night of your stay. There are several sites available at a very reasonable price of £10 per night on crofts across the island. See the map and chart below for details of the Campervan locations. To book any of the external Campervan spots on Tiree please contact the Tiree Access Officer Steve Nagy on 01879 220677 / 07765 449487 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Wild Diamond Campsite
Situated in Balinoe, Wild Diamond is the other official campsite & caravan site on the island and is located approximately 3 miles from the festival site. For more information please visit www.wilddiamond.co.uk/category/camp/ or call t|+44 (0)1879 220399
There are public toilets situated in Scarinish which are very close to many local amenities such as the Co-op, Bank, Butchers & Scarinish Hotel. If you are planning to camp near these facilities you must gain permission from the land owner who can be contacted at the local post office (near ferry terminal).
For details of all other accommodation available on Tiree please view the Isle of Tiree Information Website by clicking on the link below: